Thyroid Problems/Hyperthyroifism

Question
Hi... I was just prescribed prozac from my doctor . I was reading that it contains flouride and that can affect thyroud function. I have a family history of hyperthyroidism but so far my thyroud has been ok. Should I be concerned that this medication will induce hyperthyroidism  ?

Answer
Lnda,
Dont worry prozac doesnt have any effect on thyroid. I dont see any matter of concern in taking prozac with respect to thyroid functioning.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19583486

Thanking you!

***Dear AllExperts user, If you are satisfied with my service, please take your time to donate a little money for providing medical facilities and education to poor.You can donate as less as 1$ - 10$. Your little donation can save lives!! Please donate only if you are satisfied with the service and willing to help poor. I dont want to force you! Thanking you!
Go to my profile page and click Donate(via Paypal only)***

Thyroid Problems

Dr.Shrinidhi Kulkarni