Thyroid Problems/Saturated Fat

Do you know if a diet high in fats will affect the thyroid? I am on a low fat diet to lose weight and improve heart health, but lately I feel my metabolism has improved since I cut out most meats and dairy. Before, on a low carb diet, I had no appetite, felt terrible, and couldnt lose weight. Now, on a diet of mostly grains and vegetables, I feel great, am hungry, but losing weight!

High fat diet doesnt have any effect on thyroid. High carbohydrate diet will lead to weight gain always. Follow balanced diet. Atleast little amount of fat needs to be added in diet. Otherwise fat soluble vitamins like A,D,E,K wont get absorbed. So dont crash diet.

Thanking you!

***Dear AllExperts user, If you are satisfied with my service, please take your time to donate a little money for providing medical facilities and education to poor.You can donate as less as 1$ - 10$. Your little donation can save lives!! Please donate only if you are satisfied with the service and willing to help poor. I dont want to force you! Thanking you!
Go to my profile page and click Donate(via Paypal only)***

Thyroid Problems

Dr.Shrinidhi Kulkarni

Dont hesitate to ask your health related queries. 24 X 7 ready to provide solutions to your health concerns. All questions are welcome ! Speciallly Endocrinology.

Working as a Doctor in Primary Health care Centre.

KIMS, Bangalore

MBBS, Intership in Internal Medicine