Thyroid Problems/thyroid

Question
QUESTION: Hello,
You helped me so much to understand things last week ... that I am back with a follow up question.  My daughter had 5.7 tsh.  Her 2nd blood test showed t3 and t4 normal and no antibodies.  Does this mean she has subclinical hypothyroid?

Due to a vit d deficiency and high cholesterol, she was put on meds for both of those.  Today, he put her on low dose thyroid med. Also, he wants her to come back for an ultrasound to see if there are nodules.  What would nodules mean?  Is he talking cancer?

Thank you for clarifying these things for me!

ANSWER: Lauren,
Didnt they test TSH this time along with t3 and t4? It is subclinical hypothyroidism. But looking at the lab values its not the right time for initiating the therapy. When antibodies are negative, why your doctor has put her on thyroxine? Can you give me your mail adress? I will send you a picture of how to manage subclinical hypothyroidism. Any idea how much is her cholestrol level? Is her diet high in fats? Nodules are small lumps in thyroid. They are not cancerous(malignant) everytime. Most of the times they are benign. After FNAC it will be confirmed whether its benign or malignant. So dont worry now!

Thanking you!

***Dear AllExperts user, If you are satisfied with my service, please take your time to donate a little money for providing medical facilities and education to poor.You can donate as less as 1$ - 10$. Your little donation can save lives!! Please donate only if you are satisfied with the service and willing to help poor. I dont want to force you! Thanking you!
Go to my profile page and click Donate(via Paypal only)***

QUESTION: I really don't know if they tested the tsh again.  My daughter didn't ask.  I think he put her on med because her cholesterol was 268 with ldl 150. NO, her diet is fantastic!  She's a vegetarian and a great exerciser. I live at 14916 Clovercrest Dr.  Huntsville, AL 35803.  THANKS, you're the best.

Answer
Lauren,
No they can put her on thyroxine to just relieve her symptoms. But close monitoring is adviced because over dose of thyroxine can have bad effect on heart and her mentruation etc. No no Lauren, I meant your e-mail adress. Can I have your email adress please, so that I can send you a management chart.

Thanking you!

Thyroid Problems

Dr.Shrinidhi Kulkarni