Thyroid Problems/ulta sound on thyroid

Question
QUESTION: First may I thank you for being there to help people with their medical questions
I had an ultra sound that said y thyroid gland was of normal size but right side a little ;larger then left side and a bit of echo texture but no sign of disease or tumours ,what I want to know is that the Doctor and Radiologist said the neck scan which they performed as well as thyroid they did my neck would show up any swelling in tonsil is this true? It did not mention any swelling or nodes on the report so does this mean it is all clear
Thank you
Helen

ANSWER: Helen,
Thank you for your appreciation. But you know its my duty.
While doing neck scan for thyroid routinely tonsils are also checked(visualised on ultra sound). But if there is nothing to comment about it they either skip mentioning it in the report or they write "Tonsils are of normal size and unremarkable". Since they have not mentioned anything it only means your tonsils are perfectly fine.

Thanking you!

***Dear AllExperts user, If you are satisfied with my service, please take your time to donate a little money for providing medical facilities and education to poor.You can donate as less as 1$ - 10$. Your little donation can save lives!! Please donate only if you are satisfied with the service and willing to help poor. I dont want to force you! Thanking you!
Go to my profile page and click Donate(via Paypal only)***

QUESTION: Thank you so much for your reply
I felt so relieved by your answer ,Just one more question, Recently  I had a brain scan that was clear. 3 years ago I had a brain scan that said all clear but I had elongated styloid process that could cause upper laryngeal  discomfort, It did not get mentioned in this Brain scan, I was wondering if the neck and thyroid scan I recently had would have picked up an elongated styloid  pressing on either carotid Artery or tonsil. If not how would this be picked up. This dizziness is scaring me and cannot seem to get answers
Thank you Helen

Answer
Helen,
This condition with elongated temporal styloid process is called Eagle Syndrome. And you experience dizziness because the styloid process puts pressure on neighbouring structures. No ultra sound will not pick up this one. Only X-ray, CT and MRI can help in visualising. Only Treatment option available is surgical excision of styloid process i.e. styloidectomy. There are other methods available to temporarily relieve symptoms. But they will last for 2-3 month only. Again patient is convinced for surgery.

Thanking you!

Thyroid Problems

Dr.Shrinidhi Kulkarni