Thyroid Problems/Thyroid

Question
Hello:

I was told that my thyroid was not symmetrical in my throat.  I guess one side of it is not even with the other side.  Is this condition of my thyroid considered a birth defect or is this condition common?

I that you for your reply.

Answer
Kenneth,
If your Thyroid profile tests are normal, then asymmetrical thyroid should not be of any concern for you!It could be congenital asymmetry. Other that congenital assymetry it could be due to cysts, nodule in thyroid gland, or adenoma of thyroid etc. But in such cases your thyroid profile tests will be abnormal.

Thanking you!

***Dear AllExperts user, If you are satisfied with my service, please take your time to donate a little money for providing medical facilities and education to poor.You can donate as less as 1$ - 10$. Your little donation can save lives!! Please donate only if you are satisfied with the service and willing to help poor. I dont want to force you! Thanking you!
Go to my profile page and click Donate(via Paypal only)***

Thyroid Problems

Dr.Shrinidhi Kulkarni