Thyroid Problems/swelling around throat and under chin

I have what feels like swelling on both sides just under my chin. I also sometime feel like I have a lump in my throat. I was once diagnose with acid reflux several years ago and it was similar so I started acid reflux medicine once again but it hasn't helped. It is worse in the morning. Should I be concern?

If you can still breathe and swallow, concern isn't super high. I wouldn't wait to go into a doctor any longer though, it could be swollen lymph nodes or possibly a thyroid issue. No reason to wait especially if you're concerned, you tried what worked in the past and it's still there. Doesn't have to be anything serious.  

Thyroid Problems

Dr. Kalli Prater

Questions pertaining to the holistic treatment of thyroid disorders including nutrition and supplementation for Hashimoto's, hypo and hyper thyroidism. Questions relating to Lab tests and proper lab testing for thyroid conditions as well.

As a functional medicine focused practitioner the majority of my practice has focused around Thyroid conditions. I help people to switch to less toxic medications through educating their prescribing physician, support thyroid function with diet/nutrition and natural supplementation as well as educate the patient on support for other systems effected by Thyroid disorders.

American Chiropractic Association

Bachelor of Science from Central Michigan University in Sports Medicine Doctor of Chiropractic Medicine from the National University of Health Sciences 100 Hour Acupuncture Certificate

Best of the Fox Women's Health Center 2015

Many patients come in to me having been on medications for years still feeling horrible from their condition but told they are "fine" based on lab testing. Other's come to me after having had their "thyroid checked many times over the years and it's normal" to find that many doctors are not properly running lab tests to determine if people have an auto immune attack to their thyroid or looking at more than just TSH levels which checks your pituitary function.