Thyroid Problems/thyrogobulin antibody

Hi Dr, after a year of unexplained sporadic symptoms (tingling numbness, double vision, internal vibrations etc) I finally had one test come back high / positive: the thyrogobulin antibody @ 125.  Everything else was normal TSH, Free T3, Free T4, TPO as well as all of the other standard blood tests.  My next apt with my functional doctor is not for approx. 3 weeks.  What would you test for next in this situation?
thank you for your time

Well, since this is an autoimmune attack they might treat you for that. Or they might look at other autoimmune issues as they don't happen by themselves typically. The good thing about a functional doctor is they will look into other issue that match your symptoms if they don't think the thyroid function is an issue.

Until that time, due to increased antibody counts, I always encourage my auto immune people to get off gluten and dairy and soy right away. These things are common allergens, are highly inflammatory and will fuel an auto immune issue. Start getting rid of these things now if you haven't already dropped them from your diet.

Vitamin D is also very important in autoimmune issues and if they have not yet checked you for that, I certainly would. My functional range for vitamin D 25-OH is 60-80, lab range is typically 30-100. The vitamin D can modulate the auto immune attack.

Hope this information was helpful.

Dr. Kalli Prater, D.C.  

Thyroid Problems

Dr. Kalli Prater

Questions pertaining to the holistic treatment of thyroid disorders including nutrition and supplementation for Hashimoto's, hypo and hyper thyroidism. Questions relating to Lab tests and proper lab testing for thyroid conditions as well.

As a functional medicine focused practitioner the majority of my practice has focused around Thyroid conditions. I help people to switch to less toxic medications through educating their prescribing physician, support thyroid function with diet/nutrition and natural supplementation as well as educate the patient on support for other systems effected by Thyroid disorders.

American Chiropractic Association

Bachelor of Science from Central Michigan University in Sports Medicine Doctor of Chiropractic Medicine from the National University of Health Sciences 100 Hour Acupuncture Certificate

Best of the Fox Women's Health Center 2015

Many patients come in to me having been on medications for years still feeling horrible from their condition but told they are "fine" based on lab testing. Other's come to me after having had their "thyroid checked many times over the years and it's normal" to find that many doctors are not properly running lab tests to determine if people have an auto immune attack to their thyroid or looking at more than just TSH levels which checks your pituitary function.