Karl wrote at 2015-05-20 22:05:25
I'd agree with a book I read it was claimed that in pre-industrial times before logging&hunting the untouched northern forests were full of tigers that were larger than the 400 or so left in the Russian Far East&Manchuria today..the Caspian tiger further west was also a large subspecies in the 300kg category before humans hunted them to extinction for sport...these northern tigers would have reached adulthood easily surpassing 300kg..more abundant large prey,pristine habitats,no hunting...these would have been the real supercats..unlike the genitically engineered and overweight ligers that some people like to portray as supercats..  

John Silva

I can answer almost any kind of question related to Tigers, i have the knowledge to give physical, and mental data, inclusing behaviour, diet, ... I can give specific answer about any of the subspecies as well.

Tiger Specialist, I know almost everything about Tiger and I can answer any question, even if its specific from a Tiger subspecie.

PUC-Rio University, Tiger Speciallist (Big cats in general)