how did people during the roman empire affect the tiger specie as a whole?

The poeple in the Roman empire really fought with the animals. The people who were sentenced to death were thrown into the cages of lions and tigers. They were being killed by the big cats and the spectators enjoyed the fight. Some people were trained to fight with them, but despite all these, the impact of this empire was very little on the tigers because there were no tigers in natural habitats in Italy. So even though the Romans hunted the animals, there is no chance of the tigers being killed by them, simply because they were not present in Rome.

Srinivasa Murthy S V

I can answer most questions related to wildlife. I love nature to such an extent that I have even created my e-mail id in the name of one of the most beautiful birds of western ghats, malabar trogon. I am particularly interested in mammals and birds, but can also answer questions related to reptiles and amphibians. One can ask questions related to taxonomy also.

Frankly speaking, I don't have any experience of working in this field officially, but interest is my biggest strength and since I am from malnad region, I live in the midst of nature. Birdwatching is my favorite hobby and Salim Ali's "The book of indian birds" is my all-time companion whereever I go. I want to do something for the conservation of our rapidly dwindling wildlife...

Recently I have joined India Nature Watch and have posted some photographs, but I am still the beginner in the field. I have a lot of interest to grow in this field and looking for opportunities.

I have written many articles both in English and my mother language, Kannada. My articles were published in Kannada magazines like Sudha, Taranga, Mayura, Kasturi, Karmaveera etc, but none of my english articles were accepted for publication.

I have completed my graduation with Physics, Mathematics and Computer Science as my main subjects. I completed graduation in 2009 with 86.41%. Even though I never studied Biology as a main subject, but that didn't affect my love for wildlife in any way. I tried to join M.Sc course in NCBS. I even passed the entrance exam, but I failed to clear the next steps. So i had to postpone my ideas temparorily.

No, I haven't yet got any awards.