Tigers/Why is Amur Tigers genetically larger?

Nowhere Girl wrote at 2013-01-18 13:19:40
The simplest answer: Bergmann's rule. Animals living in colder climates are usually larger than their relatives in warmer climates because a larger body has a lower surface-to-mass ratio and can conserve heat better. (If the size of an animal is doubled without changes in proportions, its body surface will increase four times and its volume and mass - eight times). Some tiger subspecies are a very good example of this rule: Amur tigers live in a cold climate and are the largest, Sumatran tigers live in the tropical rainforest and are the smallest.

Amit Rajput

I can answer any question relating to Predators.Predators are my main field of expertise and Big Cats are my speciality.Please restrain yourself from asking questions about ancient creatures to me as i am not very strong in that area.I have expertise specially in predators but this doen't mean that i lack knowledge about other animals.You can ask me anything about Mammals and Reptiles like size,weight,behaviour,hunting style,features,physical characterstics and even possible and impossible match-ups between Mammals and Reptiles or Mammmals and Mammals or Reptiles and Reptiles.

I had interest in wildlife for my childhood.If you have interest in any field then you automatically start learning about that field.The same phenomenon works for me.I have watched nearly every documentary about BigCats either on T.V or on the Internet.I have read books written by some great experts like George Schaller, D. G. Miquelle, I. G. Nikolaev, J. M. Goodrich, E. N. Smirnov, K. Traylor-Holzer, S. Christie, T. Arjanova, J. L. D. Smith, and K. U. Karanth.By reading books and watching Documentaries about Tigers,I have acquired more than sufficient knowledge about this magnificent beast as well as about other BigCats.

I have completed my Bahcelor's degree in Engineering and Now,i am doing job.It's quite odd that i am a Engineer and i want to work as a Expert of wildlife here but, i think no study will you give you that knowledge,required for expertise,as you got after having interest in a field.