Time-Shares/Buying Timeshare ebay

My wife and I have spent time at Velas Vallarta in Puerto Vallarta. We are considering the purchase of a timeshare listed on ebay. As we look at the listings we see about 15 out of the 20 Puerto Vallarta timeshares up for sale are for Velas Vallarta. Also, when we look at the auction history not many or any are selling.
Velas seems like a great place.
Would you have any idea why there are so many for sale and why they don't seem to be selling?
Would there be any concern about purchasing through ebay?
Thank you in advance.

The reason for so much inventory going unsold is that there is so much supply and not enough demand. There are just more people trying to sell then there are buyers for. The buyers that are buying are getting unbelievable deals. I personally sold timeshares on ebay for 4 years and now oversee the sales of our inventory. Our ebay IDs are snownsun4ever and vaca4life2. If you would prefer to purchase outside of ebay please let me know.

John Kushman

I can answer any questions regarding the timeshare industry, developer sales, resales, vacation clubs, donation, liquidation, listing, for sale by owner, RCI, II, SFX exchange. Anything related to timeshares or campground memberships or fractional vacation real estate

I have been in the industry for 7 years. I started selling timeshare for a developer in South Dakota. I then transitioned into the escrow side of the resale market and I am currently the VP of Sales and Marketing at Resort Closings, Inc. Resort Closings Inc is the largest timeshare escrow service in North America. It provides full service timeshare transfer as well as sales.

High School Diploma. 3 years of Higher Education.