Time-Shares/converting from worldmark to wyndham

I own a 1 week 2 bedroom deluxe at Westgate Blue tree, and loved it so far. On the other hand I also own 5,000.00 credits with worldmark. We are staying at the Wyndham reunion resort right now and went to the meeting yesterday and they said that if we buy more points from Wyndham that they would transfer our worldmark points. So we did we bought 8,000 credits for almost $17,000.00 which would put us at 13,000.00 credits total; however he gave us 8,000 bonus points as well for 18 months which would put us at the silver elite membership with Wyndham, after 18 months if we wanted to keep the silver elite membership we would have to purchase another 7,000 credits. Do I have the 10 day grace period? And should I cancel this? I am just thinking its a lot of money and with owning westgate I can always just purchase another week if I needed at $750.00 or getaways through interval international?

You can pick up 8000 credits for around $2500 on the resale market. The only thing that you lose purchasing resale is the elite membership. You should have the 10 day grace period. If the resale price outweighs the benefits of purchasing directly from the developer then it would make sense to rescind.

John Kushman

I can answer any questions regarding the timeshare industry, developer sales, resales, vacation clubs, donation, liquidation, listing, for sale by owner, RCI, II, SFX exchange. Anything related to timeshares or campground memberships or fractional vacation real estate

I have been in the industry for 7 years. I started selling timeshare for a developer in South Dakota. I then transitioned into the escrow side of the resale market and I am currently the VP of Sales and Marketing at Resort Closings, Inc. Resort Closings Inc is the largest timeshare escrow service in North America. It provides full service timeshare transfer as well as sales.

High School Diploma. 3 years of Higher Education.