Time-Shares/Timeshare Fees

10 years ago I purchased a timeshare, Polo Towers Villa/Las Vegas.  It has been paid in full for years now and I have always paid the yearly fees on time.  I've never used it and I've attempted to sell it.  2012 has not been a very kind year to me, in February I had to have a pacemaker and with the medical bills and the time missed from work I will not be able to pay my upcoming fees.  My credit is maxed out and my pay barely covers my existing bills.  I did contact Polo Towers in JUNE in an attempt to relinquish the timeshare back to them (at one time they were buying back for $250.00, but stopped doing so just this year).  I've sent paperwork requested, numerous emails and phone calls and finally got an answer today (November) that they are denying my request.  They say that if my doctor says that I cannot travel that I can resubmit my request and they will review it again.  I have no means to pay my fees, how badly is this going to harm me and is there anything that I can do to resolve this and be rid of this timeshare forever.

It may be possible to give the property away to someone on eBay.com or tug2.net. Otherwise I would suggest getting a note from your doctor. If you do not pay the fees they will foreclose on the property. I believe Diamond is one of the resort systems that forecloses rather quickly. It is in their best interest to take it back rather than racking up foreclosure and attorney fees.

John Kushman

I can answer any questions regarding the timeshare industry, developer sales, resales, vacation clubs, donation, liquidation, listing, for sale by owner, RCI, II, SFX exchange. Anything related to timeshares or campground memberships or fractional vacation real estate

I have been in the industry for 7 years. I started selling timeshare for a developer in South Dakota. I then transitioned into the escrow side of the resale market and I am currently the VP of Sales and Marketing at Resort Closings, Inc. Resort Closings Inc is the largest timeshare escrow service in North America. It provides full service timeshare transfer as well as sales.

High School Diploma. 3 years of Higher Education.