Time-Shares/Timeshare @ The Grandview Resort Las vegas

Hi there,
My partner and i purchased a timeshare unit at the above place and due to our circumstances changing and not being to afford the monthly payments along with the maintenance fee we are trying to look at ways to get rid of it.
At the time of the sale we were told that because we live in Canada, we can just stop paying for it and they would take the unit back, but now we have found this is not the case.
Any help/advice you can give would be greatly appreciated.

It is almost impossible to sell a timeshare with any sort of mortgage or back fees on it. If you do stop paying they will eventually take the unit back. They will send your account to collections but being in Canada might protect you from any credit score damage. I would suggest contacting the resort and seeing if they will just the ownership back.

John Kushman

I can answer any questions regarding the timeshare industry, developer sales, resales, vacation clubs, donation, liquidation, listing, for sale by owner, RCI, II, SFX exchange. Anything related to timeshares or campground memberships or fractional vacation real estate

I have been in the industry for 7 years. I started selling timeshare for a developer in South Dakota. I then transitioned into the escrow side of the resale market and I am currently the VP of Sales and Marketing at Resort Closings, Inc. Resort Closings Inc is the largest timeshare escrow service in North America. It provides full service timeshare transfer as well as sales.

High School Diploma. 3 years of Higher Education.