You are here:

Time-Shares/How can I get my money back and get it off my credit


My husband and I purchased a timeshare from BlueGreen. He was suppose to get it at 6% due to him being in the military. I fought and fought to get it at what they promised only for them to put it back at the original interest rate. Once I challenged it they said they foreclosed on it but never sent me any notice. I get a tax form that says we abandoned the property...what can I do at this point?

Once they take the property back Bluegreen will regularly mark your credit with a foreclosure and they will issue you a 1099a or 1099c.

As far as the foreclosure is concerned you can seek out a credit restoration company to help you get that removed. You should be able to find one online ranging from $250 - $750.

The 1099 you need to speak with a true tax professional in your area. Make sure you check them out to make sure they are qualified to give you the proper answer.

Good luck.


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Sean Austin


Can answer any questions concerning anything dealing with timeshare deceptive sales practices in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico.


Worked in the timeshare industry as a sales rep for 9 months prior to founding Timeshare Advocacy International. We assist timeshare owners who have been lied to or deceived into purchasing or upgrading of their timeshare. We have been in business for over 6 years and are BBB Accredited with he Middle Tennessee Better Business Bureau.

BBB accredited with the Better Business Bureau of Middle Tennessee. Have been accredited for over 1 year and have an A- rating. Member of the Mount Juliet, TN Chamber of Commerce. Member of the Branson, MO Chamber of Commerce

BS in Management from Bellevue university with honors.

©2017 All rights reserved.