Time-Shares/Succession rights

Question
I own a timeshare in the Bahamas.  I bought it in 1997 with my boyfriend at the time.  We split up and he died in 2010.  I want to sell it but he has a son.  Do you know what Bahamian law says in regard to ownership? Is it now mine or does his son have a legal right to it?
Thank you.

Answer
Hello:
Is this a deeded timeshare? If it is, were you listed on title as joint tenants with rights of survivorship or were your names just listed on the deed as single individuals?
I would suggest that you contact the following Bahamian attorney and ask what would be involved with transferring your timeshare, regarding your situation. Here is the email address for the attorney in the Bahamas:
wpilcher@resort-title.com.
Thank you,
Janet Ammirati
JRA Services, Inc.  

Time-Shares

Janet Ammirati