Time-Shares/Timeshare

Question
is it OK to buy a "used" timeshare? Why should I pay full price when there are so many re-sellers on the market?

Are there more benefits when buying a "new" timeshare?

thanks

Answer
Thanks for your question.

While there is no best answer for everyone, as timeshares offer a range of options for different people, I am confident in saying that in 99% of the cases, the price difference between a timeshare on the primary market and the same thing on the secondary market (new vs. used) is just not worth it.

In some cases, you will find that you don't enjoy the full benefits that people who purchase from the developer do, such as day usage, you have to remember what you are buying the timeshare for.  In most cases, timeshares that are "retailing" for a price of $20,000 are readily available on the legitimate secondary market for $3,000.

Don't make any hasty choices.  Do your research, talk to other owners whenever possible and continue to seek the opinions of unbiased experts.  There are a lot of great deals on the secondary market, so I encourage you to find one that suits your needs.

Time-Shares

Lisa Ann Schreier