You are here:

Time-Shares/Giving back a timeshare


My wife and I have held a time share at the Plaza Resort in Reno for some 30 years. We are currently going through a divorce and due to retirements, changes in income, and lack of travel opportunities neither of us wants to continue to maintain the time share. I have heard that some time shares have a form that one can fill out which would return the timeshare to the resort and eliminate any obligations to maintenance or the resort for the current owner. Is this a possible solution to our situation? How would I go about obtaining such a form if it exists?

"Thank you" for any support or answers you may provide!

Ray Martin


Thank you for the question. There isn't exactly a form to fill out, but the resort should be able to help you out if you wish to deed the property back to them. I suggest you give them a call and explain the situation you are in. If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask.

John Kushman


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


John Kushman


I can answer any questions regarding the timeshare industry, developer sales, resales, vacation clubs, donation, liquidation, listing, for sale by owner, RCI, II, SFX exchange. Anything related to timeshares or campground memberships or fractional vacation real estate


I have been in the industry for 7 years. I started selling timeshare for a developer in South Dakota. I then transitioned into the escrow side of the resale market and I am currently the VP of Sales and Marketing at Resort Closings, Inc. Resort Closings Inc is the largest timeshare escrow service in North America. It provides full service timeshare transfer as well as sales.

High School Diploma. 3 years of Higher Education.

©2017 All rights reserved.