Time-Shares/stop paying maintenance fees

Question
I have a fractional ownership certificate from a timeshare in Mexico. It is fully paid for according to the contract purchase price. What I want to do is stop paying maintenance fees and let the property go. What are the consequences of this action.

Answer
Hello Lynn,

Thanks for the question. It would really depend on which resort you own. Some Mexican resorts will simply stop trying to collect MFs from you after 1 year of non paying. Others will go after you and send you to collections. I would suggest contacting the resort and seeing if they have any sort of relinquishment program where you can just turn your ownership back to them.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,
John

Time-Shares

John Kushman