Time-Shares/Get out

Question
We own a timeshare with spinnaker resorts on Hiltonhead island, after 3 different properties we have had enough with spinnaker and want out after promises that never panned out, reservations that could never be made.I feel like a moron for even buying there. We are in 3rd property , signed a contract in 2014. Can we get out of this?

Answer
Hello,

Unfortunately, getting out a contract after the rescission period is up is not very easy. I would suggest contacting Spinnaker to see what options they may have for you. If you have a open mortgage on the property then you would need to pay it off before anyone would look at purchasing.  

Spinnaker requires a buyer pay $1500 in prepaid maintenance fees to transfer the ownership so it has made them very difficult to sell. I would look for a broker on Hilton Head that specializes in selling local properties.

If you have any further questions please let me know.

John

Time-Shares

John Kushman