Time-Shares/Timeshare Foreclosure Fees

I own 2 timeshares with Starwood.  After several attempts to sell (scammed once; nothing ever happened with the second attempt)I am considering letting them go into foreclosure.  I want to know how much this could cost me in legal fees, even if its an approximate amount. I have been shelling out over $7500 a year for the past 5 years and I'm done with it.  My credit is so so and I am wondering how far back this will set me. Please advise as I am tired of throwing good money out the window.

Hi Margaret,

Thanks for the questions. Depending on your ownership Starwood may have a deedback option. If you want to google search my name feel free to give me a call to discuss. Depending on your mortgage amount it may cost a couple thousand in legal fees. They may also go after your credit rating as well.

Feel free to give me a call.

John Kushman

John Kushman

I can answer any questions regarding the timeshare industry, developer sales, resales, vacation clubs, donation, liquidation, listing, for sale by owner, RCI, II, SFX exchange. Anything related to timeshares or campground memberships or fractional vacation real estate

I have been in the industry for 7 years. I started selling timeshare for a developer in South Dakota. I then transitioned into the escrow side of the resale market and I am currently the VP of Sales and Marketing at Resort Closings, Inc. Resort Closings Inc is the largest timeshare escrow service in North America. It provides full service timeshare transfer as well as sales.

High School Diploma. 3 years of Higher Education.