I am English.  I own a timeshare at Vacation Village at Bonaventure in Weston.  I am in semi retirement.  I pay about 900 USD maintenance and tax on a bi annual basis.  Because I live in England

I also pay RCI membership and exchange fees so that I can exchange to a timeshare week closer to the UK.  I could most definitely get more for my money if I did not have a timeshare.

I am afraid to try to sell or give away the deed because there are so many scammers.  If I foreclose (stop paying the bills) how will that affect me?  Is it just a case of poor credit rating?

Hello Penny,

Have you checked with the resort to see if they will take it back?  I know on a case by case basis some resorts would rather take a deedback then having to go through foreclosure. I would check with Daily Management for a deed back department. Just explain your situation as to why you want to deed it back.

If you have any other questions please let me know.

John Kushman

I can answer any questions regarding the timeshare industry, developer sales, resales, vacation clubs, donation, liquidation, listing, for sale by owner, RCI, II, SFX exchange. Anything related to timeshares or campground memberships or fractional vacation real estate

I have been in the industry for 7 years. I started selling timeshare for a developer in South Dakota. I then transitioned into the escrow side of the resale market and I am currently the VP of Sales and Marketing at Resort Closings, Inc. Resort Closings Inc is the largest timeshare escrow service in North America. It provides full service timeshare transfer as well as sales.

High School Diploma. 3 years of Higher Education.