Time-Shares/Not paying on timeshare

Question
I'm so sick of wasting money on this timeshare from Westgate. I feel like I need to just stop paying on this timeshare. A few weeks ago, I spoke with a law firm. They have asked for 4500 upfront to get out of the timeshare. Any other firms cheaper that can help? I don't want anything to hurt my credit as I'm looking to buy a house within the next 2 years. This timeshare has taken a huge toll on my budget and stresses me out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answer
Hello Derek,

There are other firms that are cheaper. Searching for timeshare cancellation should give you a big list of them. Just compare them all and go with whichever you feel most comfortable. I always recommend requiring the funds be held in escrow.

As far as just not paying, it may hurt your credit. Each timeshare system is different on whether they report or not.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

John

Time-Shares

John Kushman