Tips on Buying Cars/regarding our negative equity conversation

Question
hello again! apparently, there is a limit to how many follow up questions i can ask, so i had to start a new one! so my purchase payoff amount at the end of my lease is 10,800. i will be over my mileage and have discussed this with the dealership and TFS, and they advised me that excess mileage does NOT count against me if i buy the leased vehicle at the end or if i trade it in. it will however count against me if i walk away, which is why i don't want to do that. there is also a repeat customer discount i am eligible for because i have leased/financed with them already. unfortunately right after i got the leased car, my work relocated me very far so i knew from the beginning i would have excess mileage so that is why i have spoken with them many times regarding what happens with me being over my mileage. my fear, like i said before, is that the end of the lease will come and there will be no vehicle for me, whether it be this one or a new one.

Answer
The excess mileage will affect the cars value at the end of the lease for the purposes of trade in and or selling it outright on craigslist....BUT... not to worry there will be a vehicle for you ... and if you made all of your payments on time and never even 10 days late then there will always be financing for you thru TFS   I promise

Tips on Buying Cars

Roger Alvey