Tips on Buying Cars/New Car

I am looking to buy a 2013 Mazda3i SV and their price and all the research I have done seems their price is good for me. I tried to get them to drop the price more but they said it was at the lowest price. They do not know if I am going to finance it or pay cash. If I have the cash is it smarter to pay for it all at once? Thanks

car guy
car guy  
Hi David,

What I would do if I had the cash in the bank is I would finance the car because if you let them finance it through Mazda Financial ...Mazda's Captive Bank you get an additional $500.00 rebate!! Then as soon as you roll out of the dealership and wait about 7 days you can call Mazda Financial and get the payoff and THEN pay it off. Personally with rates as low as they are right now and with no where to go but up and with the government printing 86 billion dollars a MONTH and using it to pay our bills (Meaning inflation is getting ready to explode no matter what the corrupt Obama administration does to hide it ...I would finance the car and take my money and buy silver which is currently under $20.00 an oz and win on both ends...but that should not be construed as investment advice ...just telling you what i would do.

I just looked a little deeper and Mazda Financial is currently offering 0% financing for 5 years AND .9% financing on 72 months on the model you are thinking about buying. The rebate being offered in lieu of this rate is only $1,500.00 ...I would finance this car ...take the rate (you will still get the $500.00 bonus rebate for financing with Mazda) and then I wouldn't pay it off even one day early  lol  

Tips on Buying Cars

Roger Alvey

I can answer any question about the car buying process. I am a recognized industry expert on all issues regarding auto finance, including sub prime and buy here pay here financing, I can answer questions about car lock out systems, GPS monitoring by your bank, and about auto recovery methods and defenses. I am a 20 yr car industry expert and can tell you what to look for in a used car, how to negotiate the deal, help with how to market your own car, and how to negotiate with the internet department of any car store. I can tell you every single way the dealer is set up to beat you and how to avoid those traps, I can discuss all aftermarket and extended service contract products you will be offered in the finance process, I have lectured extensively on "The Best Way to Buy a Car" to civic groups and university students. I am a credit expert and can tell you what the dealer and banks are looking for and the rate you can expect to pay. HERE IS THE LINK TO MY OTHER ALLEXPERTS CATEGORIES WHERE I HAVE ANSWERED LOTS OF QUESTIONS HERE IS A LINK TO MY BLOG

20 years industry experience in top management of dealerships and dealer groups. Recognized industry expert since 2004 in the Top 10 industry experts for The Gerson Lehrman Groups Auto Industry Council. I also do consulting work for Atheneum Partners, Expert 360, Expert Connect and Coleman Research. I have been a franchise owner and understand all facets of the auto industry from the time the car leaves the factory until it leaves the lot with it's new owner. I have written training materials for both the prime and the subprime sales and finance process.

NADA, OADA, NFIB, State Certified Used Car Appraiser

Special Finance Insider, Dealer, and Automotive News, Gerson Lehrman Group Auto Industry Council News (frequently)

Willamette University - Salem Oregon BA Economics Willamette University Graduate School of Business - Econometrics Statistics

GM's Award of (their most prestigious award) Given to Dealers who surpass their annual benchmark planning volume while also maintaining Top Box (top 5%) CSI

Citadel Investment Group , Summit Partners US ,Broad Peak Investment Management, Nautic Partners, LLC, Hellman & Friedman Investors, L.P. and over 40 additional money managers, hedge funds and research groups