Tips on Buying Cars/I dont know what this is called

When there are passengers sitting in the back of the car and they look at the back of the front seats and see what looks like pouches for storages what exactly are these called? What are the terms car dealers use for this?

Hi Debbie,

The most used word would be headrest,a proper term would be Head Restraint.

Here is an interesting link that not only explain the safety functions but whom also invented this safety feature.

Debbie I got to admit at first I thought your question a silly one, but after reading the link I provided I learned something new today, thanks for a great question.

Have a Blessed day
From the computer of
Ray Paulsen ^_^

Tips on Buying Cars

Ray Paulsen

confused buying new or with confidence from dealer or private...consumer fears...paying to much...getting a lemon...accident car...fair value for trade...negotiation simply want a fair deal... YOU MAY QUICKLY FIND ANSWERS YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AT MY WEBSITE or feel free to make contact for a detailed answer to your specific question.

over 35 years in automotive industry, management, retail, wholesale, appraisals, auctions, vintage

Publications - - - - - - -