You are here:

Tips on Buying Cars/When there are passengers


When there are passengers sitting in the back of the car and they look at the back of the front seats and see what looks like pouches for storages what exactly are these called? What are the terms car dealers use for this?

Thank you for submitting the question but my area of expertise is purchasing tips.  I will tell you what I know about the option.  Most manufacturers call them seat pockets but some don't even list them in their brochure or their online advertising.  It would seem they are so common they aren't considered anything special.
It's kind of like safety steel rims. Tire rims that will hold a deflated tire on the rim so that an auto doesn't drop to a steel rim causing loss of control and stopping power.  It is a great feature but it is on every car or truck sold in America
I hope this helps

Tips on Buying Cars

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Geoffrey veit


I can answer most any question about buying a car, truck or motorcycle


I was a Sales Manager in the Automobile Industry for 25 years. I worked for Ford, Honda, Mercedes Benz, Nissan and Volkswagen, plus, I was a used car manager for 8 of those years I have also been a sales manager for Harley Davidson for 8 years and metric bikes for 2 years.

Florida Writers Association, National writers association, Mensa

I have had published writing in the Automotive News, Aller Welt magazine (Mercedes Benz), Mensa, Ford times and a few others I have written a number of books including "The Informed Buyer" This book offers advice on how to get a great deal and avoid the hastles of buying or leasing a car, truck or motorcycle. It is available on Amazon-Kindle or Barnes and Noble-Nook for $3.99

I have attended hundreds of work shops and seminars within those industries. My formal education is an associates in Business.

©2017 All rights reserved.