Tips on Buying Cars/Trucks vs SUV

Question

For off road trips, are SUVS better or trucks? What about crossover vehicles?

One average, which auto company produces the most fuel efficient diesel engine?

1. Toyota    2. Mitsubishi    3. Nissan

Thanks

Answer
Trucks and SUVs are similar in off road situations.  The question of which one is better is more about what you need to use it for.
If you need passenger room a SUV is obviously better.
If you are talking about durability, I think It would be safe to say that trucks use a more rugged suspension
and axle design so they are probably better for rough off road use
As far as gas mileage , the companies you listed are all very good.  The best way to compare gas mileage is by model and that is because total weight vs engine size and transmission determine gas mileage.
These change by model.  

Tips on Buying Cars

Geoffrey veit