Tips on Buying Cars/Leasing Fall 14

Question
QUESTION: Is there a better time of the year to lease a luxury vehicle (i.e. Mercedes, BMW) in terms of down payment etc...?

Thank you !

ANSWER: Hi Wil,

The short answer to your question is ...Yes! There are better times to lease than others and they don't all necessrily happen at the same time of year ...although most are going to happen starting in approximately august and ending on new years day. There will always be exceptions to this rule but it all boils down to who is sitting on alot of what new car models from the last model year still.

The best lease programs will be coming courtesy of the captive lenders (all of these except Wells Fargo, Chase, Capital One, Santander, TD Auto, Americredit, and Credit Acceptance) of the Top 17 Auto Finance Banks.

1.Ally Bank 6.39% market share
2.Wells Fargo 5.71% market share
3.Chase 4.85% market share
4.Toyota 4.27% market share
5.Capital One 4.09% market share
6.Ford 3.41% market share
7.Honda 2.92% market share
8.Bank of America 2% market share
9.Santander 1.78% market share
10.TD Auto 1.67% market share
11.Nissan Infiniti 1.64% market share
12.Fifth Third 1.43% market share
13.US Bank 1.27% market share
14.Americredit 1.24% market share
15.Credit Acceptance 1.09% market share
16.VW Credit 1.06% market share
17.BMW Bank 0.96% market share

The reason these banks step up with all sorts of crazy residual values, additional customer cash and low low money factors is because they exist as both a profit center AND to sell cars ...especially the cars that are languishing in automaker and dealer inventory... in other words ...They aren't just banks...they are also in the car business!

So when the next model year is sitting down at the docks waiting for the next ride to the dealership and BMW looks at a gazillion 2014 328i's sitting in their inventory and in their dealer's inventories they come up with the incredible new lease programs that allow people to drive a 50k car for $299.99 a month. Then as summer turns to fall which turns into winter they continue to manage their inventories aggressively so that when New Years day is here all of the 2014's are gone. These programs aren't just for people looking to lease ...buyers also are the beneficiaries of aggressive incentive programs during this time as well.

This is a very general explanation but by and large now is a good time to be shopping for the low down low monthly payment lease deals.

Ask any follow ups you want ...I am here to asnwer your questions until you can give me perfect 10's on the survey you get afterwards...thanks Roger

QUESTION: Thank you for your very informative reply. As a follow-up question- is there a specific website where one looks for these deals or its a beginning of month incentive for each company's website ?

Thanks again!

Answer
As a matter of fact there is go to Edmunds.com and look for a finance tab or a tab that says incentives then check out the lease offers on the various cars you are interested in paying special attention for low money factors and cash .... Then also make really certain you check to see how much if any dealer cash is available if any ... That's free money to the dealer who doesn't have to share it but will if he has to ... Lastly don't forget that the cars we are talking about will have blue book values already  

Tips on Buying Cars

Roger Alvey