Tips on Buying Cars/Power Steering functions.

Question
Power steering
Power steering  
Dear Geoffrey

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_steering

Is it also possible to integrate the Brake, Accelerator Functions available to the Driver available on the Steering wheel to the Driver through re-engineering process ?.

If it is possible, then do you feel this could be advantageous to the current acceleration, braking mechanism available to the driver near the feet ?.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
This is not my area of expertise but I am familiar with these controls so I will give my opinion
Hand controls are available for people whose legs are paralyzed.  A bar with a squeeze lever is installed. You apply the brake and gas by pulling or sneezing the levers. I have seen these controls and I do not feel they have any advantage for the average person and in fact makes the control of the vehicle harder.

Tips on Buying Cars

Geoffrey veit