Tips on Buying Cars/Donating a car

Question

I know there is nothing about this issue on your profile, but it occurred to me that you could know something about it.  But I also realize that laws vary from state to state, but I'll give this question a shot.

I'm in Florida.  I would like to anonymously donate a car to a specific person.  Are you aware of any way to do this?  If I personally knew a non-profit like a church or something like that who would do me a favor, I would contact them and probably be able to pass through the title with little expense.  But I don't, so I ask if you might have any other idea.

Art

Answer
I'm pretty sure the charities sell, or flip the auto donations quickly to take the cash. I guess this scenario is a legal matter. I'm no lawyer but I would look into transferring ownership legally to the person you refer too. Why can't the title etc. simply be put in their name? The cars fair value may be needed which could result in a tax which you could pay. Or, maybe you simply transfer ownership for one dollar. You could talk to your local govt transportation office to see how easy or complicated this may be. Good luck and let me know everything works out.

Tips on Buying Cars

robert ellis