Tips on Buying Cars/Rebuilt title

Question
Hi

Thinking about a 2014 BMW 3 series rebuilt title 9k miles on it.

They provide all history on car including what they did in terms of repairs. they also have pictures of the car when they bought it prior to rebuild. It says no water damage - so I would assume no electrical problems are in the cards. the problem was an accident and damage to the front left of the car. OEM parts were used in the rebuild.

asking for 19k what do you think? my biggest concern is having to put more money in it later on for repair. It seems it could be a good deal but im afraid of problems down the line ?

Answer
I have a few thoughts on this. If it is a rebuilt title, it means the car was rebuilt because it was totaled and the damage was more than the value of the vehicle or it was deemed not repairable so it was bought from the former owner by the insurance agency.  
My experience has been that rebuilt vehicles are never quite right. They often have problems that were not found in the original work.  Frame alignment, wiring, bent parts in the drive train that do not show up for a while. Any factory warranty is now void so even if you have a problem that was not caused by the damage, you are stuck.  Rebuilt vehicles have to be declared by the seller no matter who the buyer is even wholesale buyers have to be informed. It is a gamble without a real upside.
If you could buy it for a third of the current book price for a used 2014, without a rebuilt title, and you had no problems during the next 3 or 4 years, that is the upside.  If you pay a price only 20% or so less than the market value, it would be hard to have a winning experience.  I know your wallet says yes but my experience has been that these vehicles are a long term problem.  
If money is tight, investigate leasing a new one

Good luck

Tips on Buying Cars

Geoffrey veit