Tips on Buying Cars/Bad car deal

Question
24 hours ago I purchased a car and have had 2 serious things go wrong.  I want to return the car and void the contract but want to make sure that I can by law .

Answer
Was it a new or used car?  Did you buy it from a dealer?  If so, and if it's used, does your state offer a used-car lemon law?  If so, you need to contact the department within your state that administers the law and find out what your options are.  Unless you're covered by such a law, or you can prove fraud on the part of the seller, then there are very few (if any) laws on the books that would force the seller to take the car back.  And lemon laws don't cover vehicles purchased from private sellers.

Tips on Buying Cars

Jeff Clark