Tires/More Tread front or rear for Braking?

Question
I read your answer on 8/4/2007 about tread and cornering, and I am happy to have found the expert who conducted that study.  Are there similar studies comparing braking with better tread on front vs rear?  With and without ABS would be another useful variable.

If study results aren't available, please say what you would expect the results to be.   Thank you.

Answer
Ron,

I can not remember where I saw it, but someone had conducted the braking portion of this - and what I remember about it was that it wasn't as dramatic, but the same thing happens.  My interpretation is that if the rear tires start to lose grip first, the rear wants to become the front.  I don't remember if they did ABS or not.  So you won't find me commenting on that because I didn't conduct the test and can't locate the study.

Barry

Tires

Barry Smith