Tires/Tire pressure

Hi Barry, I have a 2005 Nissan altima 2.5s, I changed the tire size to 215/55/18, what would the new tire pressure be?

Thnx in advance

According to Tire Guides, your vehicle originally came with P215/60R16's inflated to 29 psi front and rear.  Please check your vehicle tire placard to see if that is accurate as what follows is based on that information.

In order to carry the same load a P215/60R16 does at 29 psi, a P215/55R18 needs to use.... the same - 29 psi.

Barry Smith

I have over 30 years experience in the design, manufacturing, and testing of tires. I have served as the technical advisor to the "800" number. I have authored or co-authored many publications - usually without credit. I can answer almost any technical question, but please don`t ask me to compare brands. I probably have prejudices because of my work experience.

Member SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) Member Tire Society (Tire Technical Organization) SCCA Regional Competiton License holder Authored many training manuals on tires, their care and use.

SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) SCCA (Sports Car Club of America) Tire Society

You may want to visit my web site:

I am a graduate of the University of Dayton, Dayton, OH - BME, 1971 I attended graduate school at the University of Akron - but did not complete my PhD - something I regret.