Tires/Correct pressure for my custom tires

I recently bought an used 2006 NISSAN Altima 2.5 S. The manufacture recommended tire size is P215/60R16 and pressure is 200KPa(29PSI). But when I bought it, it came with custom tire size of 245/45R18(not P245/45R18). What tire pressure should I use for these custom tires?(I don't want to change these tires). Thanks in advance.

You should run the same pressure the placard shows.  This is because the load carrying capacity is ever so slightly larger, but not enough to worry about.

Just be aware that most of the ride and handling characteristics you will be feeling will be from the particular tire you have on - and not from the pressure.  While pressure can indeed change these things, the differences between tires has a much larger affect.

Barry Smith

I have over 30 years experience in the design, manufacturing, and testing of tires. I have served as the technical advisor to the "800" number. I have authored or co-authored many publications - usually without credit. I can answer almost any technical question, but please don`t ask me to compare brands. I probably have prejudices because of my work experience.

Member SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) Member Tire Society (Tire Technical Organization) SCCA Regional Competiton License holder Authored many training manuals on tires, their care and use.

SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) SCCA (Sports Car Club of America) Tire Society

You may want to visit my web site:

I am a graduate of the University of Dayton, Dayton, OH - BME, 1971 I attended graduate school at the University of Akron - but did not complete my PhD - something I regret.