Tires/tire pressure

Hello, we have a 2008 FJ cruiser with Nokian 265/70 R17. WR Sport Utility tires on it. It's just the wife and I, never fully loaded. Is 32psi a good pressure to run at? We are doing mostly city driving, with one or two short hiway hops a month.

According to Tire Guides, a 2008 Toyota F J Cruiser originally came with a couple of different tire sizes, but one of them was P265/70R17's inflated to 32 psi.  Please check your vehicle tire placard to make sure this is correct.

If that is correct, then that is the vehicle manufacturer's recommendation for that size.  

Barry Smith

I have over 30 years experience in the design, manufacturing, and testing of tires. I have served as the technical advisor to the "800" number. I have authored or co-authored many publications - usually without credit. I can answer almost any technical question, but please don`t ask me to compare brands. I probably have prejudices because of my work experience.

Member SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) Member Tire Society (Tire Technical Organization) SCCA Regional Competiton License holder Authored many training manuals on tires, their care and use.

SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) SCCA (Sports Car Club of America) Tire Society

You may want to visit my web site:

I am a graduate of the University of Dayton, Dayton, OH - BME, 1971 I attended graduate school at the University of Akron - but did not complete my PhD - something I regret.