Tires/tire pressure

Question
Hello, we have a 2008 FJ cruiser with Nokian 265/70 R17. WR Sport Utility tires on it. It's just the wife and I, never fully loaded. Is 32psi a good pressure to run at? We are doing mostly city driving, with one or two short hiway hops a month.

Answer
Rodger,

According to Tire Guides, a 2008 Toyota F J Cruiser originally came with a couple of different tire sizes, but one of them was P265/70R17's inflated to 32 psi.  Please check your vehicle tire placard to make sure this is correct.

If that is correct, then that is the vehicle manufacturer's recommendation for that size.  

Tires

Barry Smith