I have a 2006 ford escape front wheel tire pressure 44 psi you recommend, good enough for me! You answered my question. Thank you.

Do I have to have Continental Contitrac on this truck?

On every vehicle sold in the US, there is a sticker commonly called the vehicle tire placard - that lists the original tire size and the proper pressure for that size.  The placard is usually located on a doorpost or in the glove box but sometimes it is located in the trunk or on the fuel filler door.

BTW, it doesn't matter who makes the tire or what pressure is listed on the tire's sidewall, if the tire size is the same as the placard, then the pressure listed on placard is also appropriate.

If the tire size being used is different than what is listed on the vehicle tire placard, the pressure needs to be recalculated.  The calculation isn't difficult but it requires tables which are copyrighted and not allowed to be published.  I have a copy of these and can do the calculation, but I will need to know the original tire size and pressure (from the placard) and the new tire size.

Barry Smith

I have over 30 years experience in the design, manufacturing, and testing of tires. I have served as the technical advisor to the "800" number. I have authored or co-authored many publications - usually without credit. I can answer almost any technical question, but please don`t ask me to compare brands. I probably have prejudices because of my work experience.

Member SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) Member Tire Society (Tire Technical Organization) SCCA Regional Competiton License holder Authored many training manuals on tires, their care and use.

SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) SCCA (Sports Car Club of America) Tire Society

You may want to visit my web site:

I am a graduate of the University of Dayton, Dayton, OH - BME, 1971 I attended graduate school at the University of Akron - but did not complete my PhD - something I regret.