Tires/Mixing W and V speed rated A/S tires

Question
Hello, It is Ok to use (3)W speed rated A/S tires with (1) V A/S rated tire on my Nissan 2002 Maxima SE, Secondly, I will be putting (2) different brand/tread type A/S Tires on the front, (1) W speed/-michelin pilot sport A/S with a V speed, Bridgestone A/S Potenza. My back tires are both W speed - BF Goodrich: g-Force Super Sport A/S. All (4) tires are used...w/similar wear levels. Do you see an safety issue on highway usage with using these mixed A/S speed tires? I only drive 15 minutes to work at speeds 25- 40 mph on backroads. I dont want  buy a new set of tires since I am going to get rid of the car in the spring of 2014 and these (4) tires still have decent tread on them. I live in Massachusetts and the 2014 winter is upon us. Thank you. R/Bill

Answer
Bill,

In emergency situations, vehicles tend to pivot around the odd tire - and the more different the tire is, the worse this situation can become.

You've not only got different a brand, but a lower speed rating in top of it.  I should mention that Michelin tires are built a bit different than other brands - and, yes, that includes the Goodrich brand that is owned by Michelin.  Michelin didn't change much when they purchased Goodrich, and Goodrich tires are much more like the other brands than they are like Michelin brand tires.

So I'm leaning towards saying this sounds like a bad idea.  Skidding on the snow could result in a bad situation.

Tires

Barry Smith