Tires/Uniroyal Liberator A/T blowout

Does anyone know of blowout problems on the Uniroyal Liberator A/T ---LT265/75 R16. I had rear tire blowout and lost control almost killing me the truck and my boat. My truck and boat were damaged bad. What should I do? email me please

The National Highway and Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) doesn't show any reports of failures for this tire.

What to do?

First, file a report on NHTSA's website:

Second, file a complaint with Uniroyal.  Be sure to tell them you have damage to your vehicle and your boat.  Uniroyal will most likely ask to see tire and have you fill out a report and obtain estimates to fix the vehicle(s).

You can contact them here:

Or you can call:

Good Luck

Barry Smith

I have over 30 years experience in the design, manufacturing, and testing of tires. I have served as the technical advisor to the "800" number. I have authored or co-authored many publications - usually without credit. I can answer almost any technical question, but please don`t ask me to compare brands. I probably have prejudices because of my work experience.

Member SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) Member Tire Society (Tire Technical Organization) SCCA Regional Competiton License holder Authored many training manuals on tires, their care and use.

SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) SCCA (Sports Car Club of America) Tire Society

You may want to visit my web site:

I am a graduate of the University of Dayton, Dayton, OH - BME, 1971 I attended graduate school at the University of Akron - but did not complete my PhD - something I regret.