Tires/uniroyal liberator a/t LT 265/75R16

Do you know how many people has had problems ( blowout) with this tire?
I have $ 20,000 damage caused by this tire blowout. Can you help me?

First, file a complaint with the Federal Government department that handles this sort of thing - the National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration (NHTSA):

Second, file a complaint with Uniroyal:

If you haven't already done so, may I suggest you turn this into your insurance company.  They will contact Uniroyal and handle what needs to be handled.

But if you choose to deal with Uniroyal yourself, be aware that they will want you to send them the tire.  Since most blowouts are caused by external damage (usually a puncture or encountering an object), they aren't likely to reimburse you for your expenses, but there is always a chance they won't.

And to answer your question - No, I am not aware that there is a problem with this tire.  Nothing has been reported on NHTSA's web site.  

Barry Smith

I have over 30 years experience in the design, manufacturing, and testing of tires. I have served as the technical advisor to the "800" number. I have authored or co-authored many publications - usually without credit. I can answer almost any technical question, but please don`t ask me to compare brands. I probably have prejudices because of my work experience.

Member SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) Member Tire Society (Tire Technical Organization) SCCA Regional Competiton License holder Authored many training manuals on tires, their care and use.

SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) SCCA (Sports Car Club of America) Tire Society

You may want to visit my web site:

I am a graduate of the University of Dayton, Dayton, OH - BME, 1971 I attended graduate school at the University of Akron - but did not complete my PhD - something I regret.