Tires/buying new tires

Question
I HAVE to buy my truck new tires, but i really only need to replace 2. It has been told to me that i need to buy all new tires at one time to work the best for my truck. I really cant afford to buy all new at one time, but would do it if is the best for my truck.

Answer
Amanda,

If you have a 4X4, you have to buy 4 tires, or you may damage your drivetrain.  Very expensive!!

If you have a 4X2, buying 4 tires insures the vehicle will handle properly.  If you only buy 2, there's a risk the vehicle will have handling issues. - and the more different the tires, the more likely there will be issues.

Tires

Barry Smith