Tires/tire question

I am wondering what is compatible with/for a Chevy Silverado 2001(not 4wd) tire size 235/r16. Looking for a meaty type tire. Thank you!

Compatibility has more to do with the service you intend for the truck, not the truck itself.

If you're looking for a bit of off road traction, but use the truck mostly on the road, you want an All Terrain tire.  If you're strictly on road, then you'll want an All Season tire.

But if you are asking about brands.....I'm sorry, but because I work for a major tire manufacturer, I don't think it's right for me to make brand specific comments.

Barry Smith

I have over 30 years experience in the design, manufacturing, and testing of tires. I have served as the technical advisor to the "800" number. I have authored or co-authored many publications - usually without credit. I can answer almost any technical question, but please don`t ask me to compare brands. I probably have prejudices because of my work experience.

Member SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) Member Tire Society (Tire Technical Organization) SCCA Regional Competiton License holder Authored many training manuals on tires, their care and use.

SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) SCCA (Sports Car Club of America) Tire Society

You may want to visit my web site:

I am a graduate of the University of Dayton, Dayton, OH - BME, 1971 I attended graduate school at the University of Akron - but did not complete my PhD - something I regret.