Tires/tire size

Question
Hello I have a 2002 ford f150 supercab xlt 2wd with 225/70 16 tires and was wondering if I can put on 255/70 16 tires ? thanks

Answer
Ted,

First, I think you'll find the original tire size on your vehicle was not 225/70R16.  

Find the vehicle tire placard which will be on the driver's doorpost.  It will list the original tire size and the proper pressure for that size.

Second, a P255/70R16 was an option for many versions of the 2002 F-150 - including yours - and the placard may state that this was the original size.

Tires

Barry Smith