Tires/tire size

I have a 2003 silverado that came with P235/75 R16 tires. I have bought some 16X8 wheels and would like to know what size tires I should use to stay approximatly the same overall diameter as the stock tires. Thanks.

First, P235/75R16's will fit on 8" wide wheels.

Second, there are so many tire sizes that fit on 8" wide wheels, the question boils down to what will fit under the fenderwells.  I've gathered from several sources, and here what is known.  This might not be a complete list, but there are enough that you ought to be able to select something that works for you.

And here's a calculator that will help refine that list even further:

Barry Smith

I have over 30 years experience in the design, manufacturing, and testing of tires. I have served as the technical advisor to the "800" number. I have authored or co-authored many publications - usually without credit. I can answer almost any technical question, but please don`t ask me to compare brands. I probably have prejudices because of my work experience.

Member SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) Member Tire Society (Tire Technical Organization) SCCA Regional Competiton License holder Authored many training manuals on tires, their care and use.

SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) SCCA (Sports Car Club of America) Tire Society

You may want to visit my web site:

I am a graduate of the University of Dayton, Dayton, OH - BME, 1971 I attended graduate school at the University of Akron - but did not complete my PhD - something I regret.