Tires/Rims and tires

Will rims from A 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 2x4. Fit on A 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4?

Yes, but you need to be careful.  Pickup trucks come in a variety of payload levels and even though these both seem like "half ton" pickups, they could be quite different in GVW - which in turn affects what tire size is appropriate.

Find the vehicle tire placard on your truck and take steps accordingly.  

Barry Smith

I have over 30 years experience in the design, manufacturing, and testing of tires. I have served as the technical advisor to the "800" number. I have authored or co-authored many publications - usually without credit. I can answer almost any technical question, but please don`t ask me to compare brands. I probably have prejudices because of my work experience.

Member SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) Member Tire Society (Tire Technical Organization) SCCA Regional Competiton License holder Authored many training manuals on tires, their care and use.

SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) SCCA (Sports Car Club of America) Tire Society

You may want to visit my web site:

I am a graduate of the University of Dayton, Dayton, OH - BME, 1971 I attended graduate school at the University of Akron - but did not complete my PhD - something I regret.