Tires/original tire size

Question
Hi, I have a 2001 dodge durango 4x4 SUV.  I would like to know the original tire size from the factory, and the size I can buy now.  It has running boards.  thanks in advance!

Answer
Steven,

On every vehicle sold in the US, there is a vehicle tire placard that lists the original tire size and the proper inflation pressure for that size.  The vehicle tire placard is usually located on the driver's doorframe, but it might also be in the glove box, or on the fuel filler door, or in the trunk (and for an SUV, there is no "trunk" so it wouldn't be there.)

According to Tire Guides, a publication that summarizes all the vehicle tire placards for US vehicles, a 2001 Dodge Durango 4x4, there were 3 possible tire sizes:  P235/75R15 XL, a P265/70R16, and a P275/60R17.  All 3 of those sizes are plentiful enough that you should need to find an alternative size.

Tires

Barry Smith