Tires/michelin tire size

Question
Hi Barry
 I purchased a set of Michelin tires for a kia soul plus 215/55r17 94t at Costco good price.After the paperwork was done he said I can't mount them on the car because they're not a 215/55r17 94v something about liability ? got any ideas
         MIKE

Answer
Mike,

Many tire shops will not install a tire with a lessor load rating or a lesser speed rating.  Why?  Because if they do, they could be sued for downgrading the vehicle's tires - and many shops do not want to be in this legally liable situation.

In your case, it is the speed rating:  V to T.

The solution?  Find a tire in a V speed rating, or find a shop that will install a lower speed rating.

My recommendation is not to drop below an H rating.  You should be able to find many acceptable tires with an H speed rating.

Tires

Barry Smith