Tires/tires

Question
I have a 1996 Dodge Dakota pick up which normally takes 215/75R15 tires. Right now I have a Goodyear 205/75R15 tire which is brand new I plan to put this tire on the front once I find a new matching tire and size to match. Is This Ok ?  If I can't find a matching tire is it alright to go with a 205/70R 15 tire for the other side or a 195/R70R15  or a size that matches pretty close to the 205/75R15 ?
         THANKS

Answer
Sam,

I am not a fan of using smaller tires.  If your vehicle came with P215/75R15's, then I think you ought to stick with that size.

Further, mixing tire sizes on a vehicle - especially different brands, is problematic.

And certainly, I wouldn't go even further down in size.  That's the direction towards tire failures.   

So If I were in your shoes, I would buy 4 P215/75R15's and sell the 205 on eBay.

Tires

Barry Smith