Tires/tires 4 a 92 ford ranger

Can u tell mt the stock tire that came on this vehicle? And please list at least one other size that can be possibly used if I can't find the original. I have 225/70/14 on there now.

First, look for the vehicle tire placard.  It will be located on the driver's door, or the driver's door frame, or in the glove box.  The vehicle tire placard will tell you the original tire size and the proper pressure for that size.  

I will tell you that according to my books, a 225/70R14 is not one of the possible sizes that will appear on the vehicle tire placard.  It is likely P215/70R14, but P195/70R14 is also possible.  It depends on the exact model you have.

Both of those sizes may be hard to find, but with 14" tires, you don't have any options.

OK, I just tried to look up your vehicle on Tire Rack and they also list a P205/70R14 and a P225/70R14 as being OE sizes - which is different than what my book says.  Nevertheless, you are just flat going to have trouble finding tires.  

Barry Smith

I have over 30 years experience in the design, manufacturing, and testing of tires. I have served as the technical advisor to the "800" number. I have authored or co-authored many publications - usually without credit. I can answer almost any technical question, but please don`t ask me to compare brands. I probably have prejudices because of my work experience.

Member SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) Member Tire Society (Tire Technical Organization) SCCA Regional Competiton License holder Authored many training manuals on tires, their care and use.

SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) SCCA (Sports Car Club of America) Tire Society

You may want to visit my web site:

I am a graduate of the University of Dayton, Dayton, OH - BME, 1971 I attended graduate school at the University of Akron - but did not complete my PhD - something I regret.